Monday, July 23, 2007

, Don't Let Someone Else Get Your Copy

Here is the subject line

"Subject: Meg, Don't Let Someone Else Get Your Copy"

It is trying to create fear. If I don't hurry I will lose something valuable.

Here is the opening statement
"Hey Meg, Michael Rasmussen here, and I've got an
> urgent update for you. This email is VERY
> time-sensitive, so make sure you read the whole thing
> right now."
Again he is trying to create fear and wants me to take action now.
>
" I know I've sent you a few emails lately about the
> Membership Site Bootcamp program, and I hope you've
> taken some time and checked it out. I know that I was
> VERY inspired the first time I laid eyes on it, and
> now I'm thinking of changing over my entire business
> model to a membership site too!"

Here he is trying to create interest and is telling me his story.
>
"I also told you about my new DVD product, which you
> can get for free if you purchase Membership Site
> Bootcamp through my promotion. There are just two
> quick things that you need to know:"
In this paragraph he is going to give me free content that he has created if I will sign up for this jv product
>
> "*************************************************
> If you're in a hurry, just go ahead and take a
> look at this web page to see what I'm talking
> about in this email.
>
> => http://michaelrasmussen.com/go/only-5-left
> *************************************************"
He wants me to get really excited about this product and go and check it out.
>
> "First, there are only five copies of my DVD program
> left. Second, Tim & Ryan are raising the price of the
> Membership Site Bootcamp course in a few days."

Here again he wants to create fear that I will miss out on his DVD.
>
> "So if you've been putting this off, now is the time to
> head on over to their website, and pick up a copy of
> this course. And remember to send me an email
> afterwards with your receipt, so I can ship you a copy
> of my 'Membership Site Domination' DVD."

Here he is wants me to go right away and sign up for this new content
>
> "Here's the URL:
>
> => http://michaelrasmussen.com/go/only-5-left"

This is where he wants me to go, plus again he is trying to create fear of losing out.
>
> Michael Rasmussen
>
> "P.S. - Remember, their program is fully guaranteed.
> Plus, I'm also adding my own guarantee. Even if you
> end up returning Membership Site Bootcamp, you can
> still keep my DVD. It's my way of saying, "Thanks for
> giving it a try.""

This is the all important p.s. Many of the gurus say that you must have a "p.s." because that is where a lot of people will start reading, they scan the letter and read the p.s. then go back and read the letter.

>
>" So you've got nothing to lose, Meg. The price is
> about to go up, so don't risk losing out on this
> special launch price (and free DVD). Check out this
> URL right now, and see what all the fuss is about:
>
> => http://michaelrasmussen.com/go/only-5-left"

Again he is trying to create fear with his closing. It seems like a great email and I'm sure there are lots of sales from it.
So what did we learn today.

Fear creates action

No comments: